Insurance Plans and Policies at SMOC
At Southeastern Medical Oncology Center, we know how confusing and overwhelming it can be to face cancer and cancer treatment. We also know that it can be further complicated when it comes to insurance companies, plans, co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, etc. That’s why we strive to provide the support and assistance you need.
Health insurance accepted by Southeastern Medical Oncology Center
SMOC participates with many insurance plans. Below is a list of the insurance companies and plans we accept as an in-network provider (participating provider). If you don’t see your insurance company or plan listed below, please call to check with us, as insurance changes do occur.
SMOC is a participating provider in the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield (including out-of-state plans)
- State Health Plan (BCBS Blue Options plan)
- Tricare – Prime and Standard
- United Healthcare – Commercial and Medicare Advantage plans
- Humana – Medicare Advantage and Commercial plans
- Coventry Health Care – Mailhandlers/Rural Carriers, etc.
- Atlantic Integrated Health
- Three Rivers Network
SMOC does not participate with:
- GHI (primary)
- Gateway HMO Medicare Advantage
- United Healthcare Individual Exchange Plans
- Friday Health Plan
- Ambetter Health
- Blue Home with UNC Alliance
- Liberty Medicare Advantage
- BSI Companies
For Veterans Administration Patients
Veterans Administration (VA) patients must have an authorization from the VA before the VA will pay for care at SMOC. VA patients should be aware of this prior to scheduling an appointment.
Out-of-pocket cost information for patients
We are required by law to bill you for amounts considered to be “Patient Responsibility” by insurance companies, including Medicare.
If you are covered by a managed-care (HMO or PPO) plan, your co-payment must be collected at the time of service. This is a contractual requirement of insurers. We accept most major credit cards.
You will receive a monthly statement for all charges considered “Patient Responsibility.” Our policy is for all accounts to be settled in 90 days. You may contact our billing department if you need special arrangements. Again, we accept most major credit cards.